Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Photography Class

Only a couple of weeks into 2008 and I'm not doing very well keeping up with this blog. I think part of it is just getting use to doing it.

I'm taking part in a (FREE) online photography class over on 2Peas. We just started week 3 of the 12 week course so I'm going to post a little catch up here.

WEEK 1 - Aperture

Our challenge was to play with aperture, to understand what those numbers mean! It's a bit confusing when a small f/stop number means a large opening. And I think I get it - if I want my background blurry, use a small f/stop. Landscape shot I'd use a larger f/stop. From this challenge I found out that both of my lenses don't go very small. Kind of bummed me out. And having the Nikon D40 there are no lenses that do... Anyway, for our challenge we were to take three photos using different aperture. I got out the tripod and headed outside. Here's my take:
f/29:
f/13:
f/5.6:

WEEK 2 - Shutter Speed

This was a fun one. We were to see what shutter speed would do to moving water. The challenge was to go to our kitchen sink but I just didn't have enough light. So again I grabbed the tripod and headed outside. I'm pretty pleased how these turned out...


This week's topic is LIGHT. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Your aperture photos are especially beautiful!

Jackie said...

Oh cool photos

Kari said...

Gorgeous photos!! You did a great job with the assignments :)