Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Digi In Deep

On Monday I started the third in the series of digital scrapbooking classes from Jessica Sprague. She is teaching us so many COOL things to do in Photoshop Elements! Here is the layout we created for our first lesson. It took awhile but I love how it turned out. The pictures are from the tea we had at church last weekend (it's fun scrapping new pics!).



The second part of the first lesson was to then take what we learned and create our own layout. Some of the lessons I used were the compound mask, scallop edge, wrapping the twine and hanging a ribbon from it (adjustment masks), and adding some swirls to the title. Another lessson I used, but isn't obvious, is an overlay on the focal photo that makes it pop.



Yesterday we were given an "Intentions" challenge to finish by the end of the course. It could be scrapping something that you've been meaning to do, organizing, just basically something you've intended to do but haven't gotten around to doing. I think my Intention Challenge is going to be to figure out how to store and organize all my digital supplies and layouts so I can access them from both the desktop and laptop.


Now bring on the next assignment!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Great job on your pages!! Happy to see you in class :) I think your intention sounds fantastic - one I need to work on, too! I think mine will be to get all of my LOs printed and in albums rather than on my computer!

Anonymous said...

Your LOs are beautiful!! Your girls and you are such good looking gals!