The first day arrived and Meghan came and jumped in my bed at 6am - she was too excited to sleep. Luckily Emma got out of bed easily too (but not until about 6:45). We all got ready for the and headed out the door for our annual "first day photos". Luckily Denny isn't far - it takes less than 5 minutes to drive. We pulled up right in front of the Chamberlains so we all walked in together. Meghan and Keegan went right on in... no hanging out or checking out the classroom. I thought we'd be there longer so Emma and I had time to stop back at home and then leave for Lafayette.
We left early so that we could stop at Starbucks for coffee and hot chocolate. Mr. Beal's theme is Harry Potter again and of course the room is decorated to the hilt. At each of their desks was a pair of Harry Potter glasses and a little dowel for them to decorate for a wand. I volunteered to help out a bit organizing all those many many supplies that he asked for - which was nice to be able to listen to him interact with the class.
Both girls had great days. I picked Meghan up (figure out our "usual" spot) and heard all about her different classes (her two electives are art and MESA). She stayed home while I went and got Emma, who described Mr. Beal as wicked awesome!
So do you think this excitement will last all year?!


No comments:
Post a Comment