Thursday, August 21, 2008

Has it really been this long?!

Wow, where has time gone? Summer is almost over and I've yet to post. I have had some gentle nudging from friends that I need to get with it and post. What can I say... life has been crazy. All the pool activities have definitely kept us busy. The girls both did swim team, Emma did the dive, tennis and synchro teams while Meghan is doing water polo (still going on). Plus working in the pool office and being on the board has added to our involvement there... it's not wonder come August that the girls are burned out from going to the pool!

So here we are less than two weeks before school starts. Tonight we had a home visit from Meghan's new middle school (all the incoming 6th graders are visited). Her homeroom teacher, Ms. Saxon, and another 6th grade teacher, Mr. Brown, came by for about 30 minutes to get to know us. They asked us about our dreams for Meghan and what her strengths and weaknesses may be. We were able to ask questions and hear a little more about what happens at Denny. Next Thursday is an orientation meeting that will probably answer a lot more of our questions. I think Meghan is both excited and nervous. She's sad to be leaving some of her friends but luckily there are quite a few heading to Denny too.

And if you're wondering about the front porch, I'm STILL painting... a lot more work than I thought. Give me another month of so and I'll post some finished photos.

I don't have many photos on my laptop - but here's a cute one of Emma's synchro group the night of their show.

No comments: